Family Medicine Jobs in Florida
Thursday · April 26, 2018
1 Job in The Sunshine State
Photo: The fantastic South Pointe Park walkway in Miami.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening is for an academic medical center.
- Abfm Board Certified or eligible.
- Northeast Florida is known for its outdoor recreation opportunities, featuring 90 miles of beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and the majestic St. Johns River.
- Florida Medical License.
- The programs vary from 1-4 years in length.
- The Medical Center's residency program includes physicians in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Dermatology and a Transitional Year Program which focuses on subspecialties.
- This Family Medicine Residency program is seeking Abfm certified family physicians for our 18 resident community based program.
- The partner facilities include Palms Medical Group and Park Avenue Dermatology.
- This is a great city for year round outdoor activities!
- Participation in faculty development.
- Participation in scholarly activity such as research, grant-writing, publications, presentations, and professional organization leadership.
- Participation and leadership in program clinical competency and program evaluation committee.
- Jacksonville is also home to the NFL Jacksonville Jaguars and the professional soccer team Jacksonville Armada!
- Enjoy playing golf, playing tennis or other popular sports such as wakeboarding, surfing, waterskiing and boating.
- All residents are licensed physicians and practice under a supervisor attending.
- Here you will also find elegant shopping and fine dining as well as some of the highest sand dunes in Florida!
- Participation and leadership in quality improvement and patient safety activities.
- Jacksonville has over 500 diverse neighborhoods and you can choose to live in an almost rural environment, the heart of the city or near or on the beach.
- The Medical Center residency program currently has 50 residents with an additional 15 starting next July.
- The faculty is responsible for the care of the patients in their practices through management of a personal panel of patients, the supervision of learners in the care of patients, and the modeling of collaboration and teamwork with staff and other health professionals.
- Prior educational experience in a family medicine GME program is preferred.
- MD/DO degree.
- This was Florida's first luxury tourist destination.
- During their time at the Medical Center the residents see patients both in the hospital and in a clinic setting, at one of the Medical Center's partner facilities.
- Amelia Island is named among the top 10 North American islands by Conde Nast Traveler's Reader's Choice Awards for seven consecutive years and is also recognized as a Top 25 Island in the World!
- Jacksonville is the largest city in the United States landwise.
- A short drive southeast from Memorial Hospital is Ponte Vedra Beach, home of the PGA Tour and The Players Championship (TPC) which are played at TPC Sawgrass, home of the famous 17th-hole island green.
- With a population of 1 million people, a low cost of living, high quality of life and wonderful climate, our region is one of the few places in the United States that is experiencing a growing population of young professionals.
- Provision of direct patient care in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serving as an advisor and role model for residents.
- Applicants must possess or be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Florida.
- We are a full-service, acute-care hospital with 317 inpatient beds.
- Average temperature in the winters runs in the 60s and lows in the 40s.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Florida.
- One day a week, physician needs to willing to travel to a rural clinic.
- " Families are able to choose from a variety of top-ranked K - 12 schools and excellent colleges and universities for their children.
- DEA Certificate.
- And trailing spouses are in luck because Forbes ranked Jacksonville in the "Top 10 Best United States Cities to Find a Job.
- It is the largest deepwater port in the south and second largest on the United States east coast.
- Learner remediation as required and directed by the program director.
- Founded in 1974, the Medical Center has grown from a small community hospital to a top healthcare provider in northeast Florida.
- Graduate of Acgme accredited family medicine residency.
- Another short drive northeast from Memorial Hospital is Amelia Island.
- Jacksonville also has one of the largest military presence in the country, especially the United States Navy.
- The hospital is now considering additional programs for the future which they anticipate will bring their residency population to 100 residents by the year 2020.
- Clinical supervision of residents in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Teaching of medical students and other allied professional learners if / as delegated.
- " Jacksonville was ranked in the top 10 of Mobility magazine's "Best Cities for Relocating Families.
- At the Medical Center, we are committed to quality care and a heightened focus on extraordinary service.
- Top rated beach clubs from the Lodge and Club to the Cabana Club make living here fun and exciting.
- Didactic teaching - the core faculty will present the majority of these educational conferences with contributions from other family medicine academic and community faculty members or specialist faculty members as appropriate.
- Applicants must demonstrate enthusiasm, experience, and competence in teaching and patient care.
This perm job opening was posted
5 weeks ago