Family Medicine Jobs in Florida
Monday · November 19, 2018
1 Job in The Sunshine State
Photo: The fantastic South Pointe Park walkway in Miami.
This family medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent family medicine job (Viera) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Oversee the administration of medications to patients for whom therapy is indicated.
- Salary Range: $175,000 to $225,000 per year.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- The selectee may be required to work or travel between any of the locations within Corporate Orlando, including the New Lake Nona campus.
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, with rotating tours of duty as needed.
- The individual will be expected to practice high flow primary care in a patient-friendly environment.
- The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- The Orlando Veterans Affairs Medical Center (Ovamc) is currently seeking full time Primary Care Physicians for our Viera Outpatient Clinic.
- Assure the most effective delivery of care in general internal medicine, while meeting and exceeding compliance standards.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Viera, FL.
- Conduct daily clinic administration.
- Licensure: Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- The physician will integrate both mandated health screening and guidelines for treatment into their practice.
- All applicants must meet physical standards established for this position.
- The community of Viera, FL is the embodiment of a vibrant lifestyle offering a variety of homes and amenities all built with thoughtful stewardship of the land.
- The selectee will have basic proficiency with a computer and willingness to learn the VA electronic medical record system, other duties as assigned.
- Provide consultation, evaluation and treatment to manage various conditions, illnesses, and injuries.
- Home to outstanding schools, shopping and recreational venues.
- Complete medical records in accordance with Bylaws and Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff.
- Education: Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Make referrals, recommendations for treatment and/or medication and follow care of veteran patients experiencing internal problems.
- The selectee may also be required to work various shift on a permanent or temporary basis, based on patient care needs.
- Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Answer outpatient consultations.
- Primary Care Physician needed to care for our Veterans - Great Benefits!
- Board certified or board eligible physicians in Internal Medicine or Family Practice are highly preferred.
- Physician will be expected to be proficient in other components of patient management such as charting, progress notes, signatures, preparation of consults, referrals, telephone consults.
- Preferred Experience: BC/BE in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Nov 10.
It was originally posted in the permanent Family Medicine Jobs
section on MedWorking.com